Thursday, February 16, 2017
7:00 – 8:30 p.m.
(optional, informal networking starts at 6:30)
No registration necessary
For many people, the HR Department can be a mysterious place. Have you ever wished you had your own personal HR guru who you could ask anything without worrying about ramifications?
Well, the Saints John & Paul Job Search Ministry is handing you the keys to the HR Department. We’ve assembled a panel of local HR experts who will answer all your questions in a town hall meeting-style format. This program will be helpful for those currently employed or those seeking a new position.
To help us customize this program, please email any questions that might help you demystify what goes on in the HR Department. Questions such as:
- Are there things I should never tell HR?
- What’s a salary increase budget and who sets it?
- How do you really select candidates for interviews?
- Is it ever appropriate to quit without notice?
- How do severance benefits work? Am I eligible for unemployment?
- What’s the relationship between an HR representative and a hiring manager?
- Can and should I negotiate any terms of my job offer?
Contact Carolyn Mariano at email@example.com to submit your questions or if you’d like more information about the Job Search Ministry.